Hook Head Lighthouse Visitor Centre
Openning Hours: June/July/August 9.30 am to 6 pm / May/September 9.30 am to 5.30 pm / Rest of year 9.30 am to 5 pm
Guided Tours of Hook Lighthouse Tower: June/July/August – Every half hour from 10 am to 5.30 pm / Rest of Year – Every hour from 11 am to 5 pm
Group bookings by prior arrangement
Access to Lighthouse by guided tour only.
Open All year round
Closed Dec 18 - 25th
Description: The present structure is about 800 years old and is the oldest intact operational Lighthouse in the world. Hook Lighthouse offers guided tours of the lighthouse tower all year round. Climb the 115 steps to the spectacular view from the balcony.
The former lighthouse keeper’s houses now play host to the visitor facilities,
- Gift shop selling gifts of a nautical nature
- Cafe serving homemade soup, sandwiches, various seafood options and fresh scones and cakes from our bakery.
- Art workshops for adults and children are held at the Lighthouse all year round with resident artist Rose.
- Art exhibits and maritime displays.
- Free WiFi available in the café area.
Many festivals, events and family fun days take place at Hook Lighthouse which include our main Maritime Matters Festival held over the May bank holiday weekend, our Pirate Festival in July, our series of Summer Lectures, Heritage week Vintage Day, Ghostly Tours at Halloween, themed cookery demonstrations, historical re-enactments, charity fundraisers, themed art workshops and much more.