Dublin Bus - City Tour: Hop-on Hop-off
Activity Type: City Bus Tour – Hop-on Hop-off
Summer Times – 9am -7.00pm (every 10 minutes)
Winter Times - 9am -5.00pm (every 15 minutes) / Tours will not operate from the 23rd December until the 26th December inclusive.
Dublin Bus Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Make your own sightseeing itinerary with a 1 or 2 day Hop-on Hop-off bus tour of Dublin. Use your ticket on two different bus routes, which cover a combined total of more than 30 well-placed stops around the city. Listen to live commentary as you ride and hop on and off whenever and wherever you please. See landmarks such as Trinity College, the Guinness Storehouse, the famous Old Jameson Distillery, and St Stephen’s Green. Or why not take a trip to the Dublin Docklands area on the Docklands Tour, also included in your ticket.
A complimentary Highlights of Dublin Walking Tour, provided by one of Dublin’s favourite historians, Pat Liddy is included in your ticket price. What’s more… admission to the Little Museum of Dublin at St. Stephen’s Green worth €7, and discounts to the city’s top attractions are included with your ticket.
- Discover Dublin and its many highlights with a Hop-on Hop-off bus tour
- Ticket valid on two routes
- Enjoy entertaining live commentary on board by your Fáilte Ireland accredited guides
- Multilingual commentary in 10 different languages is available
- See top highlights such as Trinity College, St Stephen’s Green and the Guinness Storehouse
- Make use of the complimentary map to find your way around town
- Gain complimentary entry to the Little Museum of Dublin and enjoy a Dublin walking tour
- Enjoy fantastic 2 for 1 restaurant deals.
- Kids Go Free
What You Can Expect
Board the Dublin Hop-on Hop-off bus at any point along the route. With more than 30 centrally located stops to choose from, you can create your own sightseeing agenda. Two routes are included with your ticket: the Purple Original Route, which lasts for 1hr 45 minutes and traverses the heart of central Dublin, and the Pink Docklands Route, which lasts for 45 minutes and covers the thriving Docklands area.
For a leisurely experience, stay on for the full loop on both routes, listening to your on-board guide as you travel. If you fancy exploring by foot, hop off at stops of your choosing.
Ireland’s capital city is a charming place with plenty of sightseeing opportunities, and with this 2-day pass, the options are plentiful. If the Georgian architecture of Trinity College appeals to you, jump off the bus and stroll through the campus. This renowned university boasts famous literary figures such as Oscar Wilde and Samuel Beckett among its alumni, and is also home to the ancient Book of Kells manuscript.
Disembark at the Guinness Storehouse to taste a pint of the black stuff or switch to the Pink Route to see the colourful U2 Graffiti Wall and Grand Canal Dock. Take some time out from sightseeing for a peaceful stroll around St Stephen’s Green Park or Phoenix Park. In between rides, you can avail of a free Dublin Highlights walking tour by Pat Liddy or make use of your free admission to the Little Museum of Dublin at St. Stephen's Green.
Good to Know
- Adults 1 Day/2 Day: €19 / €22 Students & Seniors 1 Day/ 2 Day: €17 / €20
- Two kids go free with every fare-paying adult (Additional Kids €10 each).
- Multilingual is available in ten languages including Irish, English, French, German, Spanish, Polish,
- Chinese (Mandarin), Italian, Russian and Japanese.
- Original Tour (Purple Route)
- First Bus: 09:00
- Last Bus: 17:00/19:00 (Winter/ Summer)
- Duration: 1hr 45 minutes
- Frequency: Every 10-15 minutes
Docklands Tour (Pink Route)
- First Bus: 09:20, 10:10, 10:35
- Last Bus: 16:35
- Duration: 45 minutes
- Frequency: Every 30 minutes
Place of Interest Address First Bus Last Bus
- Abbey St. Corner Lr. O’ Connell St. (Southbound) 9.03 6.33
- Trinity College College Green 9.06 6.36
- Nassau St. Nassau St. 9.08 6.38
- National Gallery Merrion Sq. West 9.11 6.41
- Leinster House Merrion Sq. Upper 9.13 6.43
- St. Stephens Green Grafton St. 9.17 6.47
- Tourism Centre Suffolk St 9.20 6.50
- Temple Bar Dame St 9.23 6.53
- Dublin Castle Cork Hill 9.25 6.55
- Christ Church Cathedral Christ Church Place 9.27 6.57
- St. Patrick’s Cathedral Patrick’s St. 9.31 7.01
- Guinness Storehouse St. James’s Gate 9.40 7.10
- Museum of Modern Art Royal Hospital 9.45 7.15
- Kilmainham Gaol Old Kilmainham 9.50 7.20
- Heuston Rail Station St. Johns Road 9.55 7.25
- Dublin Zoo Phoenix Park 10.03 7.33
- Ryan’s Victorian Bar Parkgate St 10.06 7.36
- National Museum Collins Barracks 10.08 7.38
- Old Jameson Distillery Smithfield 10.14 7.44
- The Four Courts Ormond Quay 10.17 7.47
- Liffey River Cruise Bachelors Walk 10.19 7.49
- Dublin Bus Head Office O’ Connell St. Uppr 10.23
- Parnell Sq West Parnell Sq West 10.27